Changrui Liao, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor and Doctoral Supervisor of Shenzhen University, Deputy Director of Guangdong-Hong Kong Joint Research Centre for Optical Fiber Sensors. Prof. Liao has been nominated as the NSFC (National Natural Science Foundation of China) Excellent Young Scholar, Guangdong Provincial Outstanding Young Scholar, Youth Talent of Guangdong Special Support Programme, Shenzhen Municipal Excellent Young Scholar, and Excellent Young Scholar of Shenzhen University. Receiving a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2005 and 2007 respectively, he obtained his Ph.D. degree from Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2012. Since October 2012, he has been serving in Shenzhen University as a Lecturer, Associate Professor and Distinguished Professor.
Prof. Liao’s research interest is focused on optical fibre sensing and imaging technology, femtosecond laser-based micro/nano-fabrication technology. He acted as the Principal Investigator of over 13 research projects, including the NSFC Excellent Young Scholars, NSFC General Programme, International S&T Cooperation Projects of Guangdong Province, and Key Fundamental Research Project of Shenzhen municipality etc. He has published more than 170 SCI papers in journals stretching across Light: Science & Applications, Optics Letters, and Optics Express etc., with the SCI citation of over 4,800 times and an H index of 41. Ten of these papers has gained over 100 SCI citations each, among which the highest reaching 192 times. He was named as the World’s Top 2% Scientists in the Lifetime Scientific Influence List (1960-2019). He was also the inventor of seven Chinese invention patents and four US patents. He won the first prize of the Shenzhen Natural Science Award in 2017, the 2016 IEEE ICOCN Young Scientist Award, and the 2019 Shenzhen University Outstanding Master's Tutor. Eight graduate students under his supervision won the national scholarships.
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/D-6557-2016
1. Computer Control Technology
2. Optical Fiber Sensing Technology
3. Powerful Lab-in-Fiber Technology
4. College (level) Physics Experiment
1. Fiber-tip polymer clamped-beam probe for high-sensitivity nanoforce measurements, Light: Science & Applications 10, 2047, 2021.
2. Fiber-Tip Polymer Microcantilever for Fast and Highly Sensitive Hydrogen Measurement, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 12, 33163, 2020. (Cover article)
3. Optofluidic gutter oil discrimination based on hybrid-waveguide coupler in fibre, Lab on a Chip 18, 595, 2018. (Cover article)
4. Liquid modified photonic crystal fiber for simultaneous temperature and strain measurement, Photonics Research 5, 129, 2017. (One of the most cited articles in Photonics Research on 2017)
5. Optical fiber Fabry-Perot interferometer cavity fabricated by femtosecond laser micromachining and fusion splicing for refractive index sensing, Optics Express 20, 22813, 2012. (185 SCI citations; Top download paper of Optics Express)
6. Sub-micron silica diaphragm based fiber-tip Fabry-Perot interferometer for pressure measurement, Optics Letters 39, 2827, 2014. (151 SCI citations)
7. Microfiber in-line Mach-Zehnder interferometer for strain sensing, Optics Letters 38, 757, 2013. (105 SCI citations)
8. Surface plasmon resonance refractive index sensor based on fiber-interface waveguide inscribed by femtosecond laser, Optics Letters 44, 2434, 2019.
9. Femtosecond laser microprinting of a polymer fiber Bragg grating for high-sensitivity temperature measurements, Optics Letters 43, 3409, 2018.
10. Fiber surface Bragg grating waveguide for refractive index measurements, Optics Letters 42, 1684, 2017.